With optional Lincoln ActiveGlide 1.2 hands-free capabilities for speeds up to 80 mph, the new 2023 Lincoln Corsair makes its premiere with innovations that are segment firsts, providing an even more natural and user-friendly experience.
“Corsair is artistically crafted and expertly designed to attract younger Lincoln clients and give them the luxury experience they desire. We want the drive experience to be even more effortless and personal and the new Corsair will deliver that with advanced technology and new features,” said Michael Sprague, North America director, Lincoln.
Table of Contents
Top technology features
For highway driving, the new 2023 Lincoln Corsair is the first car in its class to include cutting-edge, hands-free ADAS technologies. Corsair now has access to additional functionalities thanks to Lincoln ActiveGlide 1.2, including:
- Lane Change Assist can help drivers move through traffic on the freeway with more confidence while using ActiveGlide. The system will perform a hands-free lane change when the driver taps the turn signal, and it can even suggest a lane change in slow-moving traffic.
- Predictive Speed Assist automatically and smoothly adjusts the speed as drivers approach a sharp curve and will signal the driver ahead of time when a speed change is about to occur.
- In-Lane Repositioning makes the hands-free highway driving experience feel more natural, keeping the vehicle in its lane while subtly shifting it away from vehicles in adjacent lanes – especially helpful when next to bigger vehicles.
- Intersection Assist 2.0 helps clients avoid potential collisions with pedestrians while turning. Corsair will also debut Blind Spot Assist, which will alert the driver with a light on the side view mirror, applying a nudge in the steering system to help caution against an unsafe action in a case where the driver has missed warnings from the Blind Spot Information System. This feature will detect other vehicles and motorcyclists in Corsair’s blind spots.
Available an all-encompassing air filtration and active air monitoring system is Auto Air Refresh. Auto Air Refresh helps purify the cabin air by removing particles brought on by ambient dust, cigarette smoke, pollution, and certain allergies, such as pollen, using Corsair’s standard cabin particulate and odor filter.
The brand’s trademark horizontal design is highlighted by an improved interior. The magnificent 13.2-inch center stack screen now has SYNC4 technology and the latest Lincoln Enhance software. Standard equipment for the driver’s 12.3-inch LCD cluster will also include the Constellation digital interface, which is exclusive to Lincoln.
Lincoln Corsair will also provide free connection to Alexa for three years along with the Alexa Built-in hands-free experience. Using voice commands like “Alexa, locate the nearest gas station” or “Alexa, play my road trip playlist,” users may use Alexa to listen to music, navigate, operate smart home devices, add things to a shopping list, and more.
New styling for both the inside and exterior
“Evolving the design of the popular Corsair was an exciting challenge, and our team accomplished this in a dynamic way. With the new Corsair we are offering a glimpse into Lincoln’s new exterior design language and introducing new and more youthful colors and materials that allow our clients make their vehicle their own,” said Kemal Curic, global design director, Lincoln.
Corsair now has a fresh look and a more vibrant, young appearance thanks to a new, bigger grille and daytime running lights in the form of wings.
The sunset satin metallic foil on the Lincoln Corsair Grand Touring grille has blue highlights that give it a warmer tone. The redesigned Corsair has a clean, contemporary body coupled with new, optional wheel choices that increase customization.
Additionally, Crystal Red and Whisper Blue, two new exterior hues for Lincoln, are available. On Corsair, the Jet Appearance Package is also accessible.
A roomy front row is created with a simplified lower instrument cluster below the center stack screen, making it simple to place and retrieve objects in the media bin. With the use of a newly introduced backlit appliqué, Lincoln’s recognizable constellation look is created by shining light through a perforated star design.
2023 Lincoln Corsair engine and drive modes
Both the 2.5-liter plug-in hybrid Corsair Grand Touring and the 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder Gasoline Lincoln Corsair with a 250-horsepower rating will be offered for the Corsair. The clever all-wheel drive system optimizes economy by effortlessly transitioning between front- and all-wheel drive, depending on driving conditions, enabling improved all-weather capability and bold performance.
Corsair’s four distinct drive modes—Normal, Excite, Slippery, and Conserve—let drivers further personalize their driving experience. The driving experience of a plug-in hybrid electric vehicle is improved by two more modes:
- Preserve EV saves the battery power while continuing to use both the engine and motor.
- Pure EV is designed to keep the driver in all-electric mode in many conditions. The hybrid engine seamlessly engages to provide additional power if needed.
Orders for the new Lincoln Corsair model year are open now for early 2023 delivery.